Not every categorization can be crammed into this framework.
- The axes need to be logical
- The groups needs to lead to 4 categories, i.e., leaving one or two boxes as "not applicable" does not make sense
- They work particularly well when you want to show things moving from one category to the other
- They are good to show that something stands out (from for example the competition) by popping up in the top-right corner
Here are some other techniques to group items on a PowerPoint slide using line and venn diagrams:
- Diagram 2 - "you cannot have it both ways"
- Diagram 3 - "the best of both worlds"