My early thoughts on how to make the most of motion graphics:
- Be careful with background music
- Use text animation only to highlight quotes with non-quantitative information
- For quantitative data go back to the good old simple data charts, but feel free to leverage those beautiful textures and typography
- Beef up the animated character animation: things morphing into another shape, things growing/shrinking (the rising water levels in this video is a good example), the blend of animated film design and presentation design is great
- Think about pacing of animations like you think about pacing of words. Have the courage to pause, accelerate, talk loud, talk softly, pause again. The entire video does not have to be an information roller coaster.
I am curious to hear your thoughts.