Telephone interruption - creativity killer

Here in Israel, people always answer their phone and then say: “I will call you later, OK?”. That interruption just broke your line of thought, your concentration, you probably going to check that Tweeted link, catch up on some email. So much for creativity.

Email is much better for small admin-type message exchanges. And I am going even further, slowly phasing out the use of voice mail. Voice mail is very inefficient to access, and it does not enable you to use your inbox as a todo list. In the end, voice conversations will be to talk to close family members or remote meetings.

Until everyone moves into this direction I will get “Did you get my message?” a lot.

UPDATE: After a reader email, I will clarify and assure you that I do communicate with people, just at set time intervals.