I am repeating my hobby horse here, this presentation is the problem solving deck that contains all the relevant data. The challenge now is to distill from all that information a compelling story. And that story might well have a different structure/flow for each business unit.
So, my suggested process:
- Yes, create that template, send it out
- Create the monster file, clean it up
- Have a conference call with each of the business units about the data
- Then, give them freedom to express their story in their own way, with their own slides, within a strict time constraint
- Share the monster document as backup/bed time reading
The word template can have 2 meanings. One is the standard background layout of a slide (many use banners, logos, and other graphics, I mostly use a white page), and the second one is a series of tables and data charts without numbers and/or words in them. In this post I refer to the latter.