- Board presentations talk about you, not about your (potential) customer, not very useful in sales meetings
- Board presentations reveal your weaknesses, give a too transparent comparison to competitors.
- Board presentations are all about trade offs and choices, not a clear articulation of a way forward
- Board presentations have a boring agenda-like structure, not a captivating story
- Board presentations are usually stitched together last minute with input from multiple people, not the most creative story writing process
- Board presentations are designed for long meetings, not 20 minute pitches
- Board presentations are usually Boaring...
Harvesting the Board presentation
The last Board presentation is usually the only document in the company that more or less talks about everything what the organisation is about: strategy, financials, people, product pipeline. It is tempting to harvest the Board slide deck for sales and/or investor presentations. Here is why should not: