Interestingly, this concept is very similar to the "lead" in the ancient McKinsey exhibit format.
- Crammed in a small black box that blends in with the black frame of the projector
- A small font that can be read when sitting in front of a screen, but blurs away when viewed from a distance (when a presenter is explaining the chart)
- Unlike notes pages, the text appears on the slide itself (in PDF, in SlideShare)
It's like reading a newspaper page:
- You read the small print under the images first
- You read the headlines after that
- You read the actual text last
An example below, click on an image to get a larger picture.