Israel, startup-nation, and how it turned me into a presentation designer

A slightly off-topic post today.
Malcolm Gladwell talks about how people are the product of the hours they put into something, plus the privileges of experiences they have been given. I am Dutch, not Jewish, do not really speak Hebrew, but ended up living in Israel somehow.
The Israeli startup environment was the main driver behind me becoming a presentation designer. Countless entrepreneurs pitching me their dreams and asking me to "put it in PowerPoint" gave me a rare opportunity to expand my presentation design skills from structured McKinsey-style Board documents to presentations that need to touch someone's heart (often the heart/wallet of an investor).
A short video about a new book "Start-up Nation: The Story of Israel's Economic Miracle" in case you are not familiar with Israel as a hightech center.
Disclosure: I earn a small commission if you purchase items through Amazon links on this site.